Thursday, February 5, 2009

I'm Trying to Remember....

Yesterday in my devotional, For Every Season Vol.3 by Greg Laurie...he spoke of how important it is to know God's word. 

I couldn't agree more. It is those same verses and words that the Holy Spirit will bring forth in our time of need. Maybe it is in a time when we are sharing our faith or perhaps teaching little ones at Sunday school. It may be a more intense time of a Spiritual battle or trial....but the promise that His word will never return void is one to take to the bank.

I don't have a problem remembering God's word but I do have difficulty in remembering chapter and verse. As much as I hate to admit it...I know that I am not alone in this struggle.

I wanted to take a moment to share a verse that I have memorized in my mind and heart and it won't leave...nor do I ever want it to. It is my life verse. I must remind myself consistently that Jesus Christ is at the beginning, middle and end of my journey wherever it may take me

Jeremiah 29:11

"I know the plans I have for you sayeth the Lord. Plans for good not for evil; to give you a future and a hope"

Praise God that His plans are much better for me then my greatest dreams. It is in His hands that I can find comfort, direction and guidance.

So...what about you? What is your life verse or verse that is speaking to you right now? 

2 comments:

  1. I think thats a great verse to live by and have in your heart. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1 John 3:18
    Dear Children, let us not love with words or tongue but with action and in truth.

    I'm not sure if it is my life verse, but definitely one of my favorites. It reminds me that as Christians we are called to be the hands and feet of Jesus and that actions do speak louder than words!

    ReplyDelete