Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Spotlight on "The Sassy Chic Shop"

Every now and then you run across a business or person that is so extra ordinary that you really need to stand up and applaud them. I am 100% behind mom run businesses. Whether you have a store front, eBay site, on-line site or work from home. My hats off to you !

In this train of thought I'd like to present to you our first "Spotlight Site". In each spotlight I will provide you with an interview, site review and product review. I hope you'll join me in visiting these sites and supporting them with our business.



The Sassy Chic Shop is owned by Katie Newman. She is a fantastic person, with great taste for the unique, classy and different. I had the opportunity to ask Katie a couple of questions during a recent interview.

Katie, when did you start your business?
I started working from home on the internet several years ago but The Sassy Chic Shop is a new boutique that just opened.


What was the inspiration behind starting your business?
My inspiration for starting this shop was my love for all things girly and fun! I love unique jewelry, funky purses and other fabulous accessories

Tell us a little about yourself and your family?
I am happily married to a wonderful hubby. I have two beautiful children. One is about to become a teenager and the other one is six. We also have three dogs and we live in a suburb of Houston, Texas.

What is your favorite thing(s) about your business?
My favorite thing about my business is choosing the items to sell. I love seeking out unique pieces that I don't think you can find just anywhere. I also love being able to work at midnight if I want!

I hear you have a special promotion ONLY for IE Mommy readers?
Yes, IE Mommy readers can recieve a 15% discount on any purchase at Sassy Chic; just email me first.




SITE REVIEW:
When you first visit The Sassy Chic Shop you can not help but notice the adorable boutique style motif of the site. Visually, it has a very pleasant decor with a bit of spunk and style and a lot of class. You are not overwhelmed by flash when you first enter. You can find everything from pet supplies to jewelry and fashion. There is a lot to look at and to browse through. My favorite site page was the Sassy Chic Queen. Needless to say I fell in love with the Crown tote and the Sassy Queen broach. I found the site easy to manage, well organized and well formatted. The contact pager and the feedback page were an added bonus for the consumer. Overall Grade: A




PRODUCT REVIEW:
Silver Pray Stackable Bracelet
Price: $11.95 (Sale $7.95)
This bracelet was a great find. Silvertone strechable braclet engraved with the word "pray" around the entire bracelet and accented with a filigree style design. I favored this product because 1) it was affordable 2) it was stylish 3) It was stretchable to fit any size wrist and 4) It reminded of something valuable to do daily..."pray". It arrived sweetly packaged in a light pink organza bag. Perfect and ready for gift giving.
Overall Grade: A





IE MOMMY Says:

I would definitely keep this bracelet and The Sassy Chic Shop in mind the next time I need a birthday gift. The items were so unique and prices were very affordable. I spent some time browsing and dreaming while at her site. Plus the 15% off discount makes a lot of items v-e-r-y tempting. Swing by and enjoy shopping.





P.S. If you know of a mom-owned business that you'd like to see in the spotlight. Email me at theiemommy (at) gmail DOT com.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my site. I hope you and your girls will find the lessons and info I post useful.
    Hubby will be okay, but all prayers are appreciated!
    God bless,

    ReplyDelete