Wednesday, February 11, 2009

My God's Tale

swak2



When I first read about the S.W.A.K. Carnival ...I just knew I had to join! What better thing to do then "brag" on my husband!

As a little girl, growing up, I was read all the wonderful fairytales with a charming prince and a beautiful princess....and each story always ended... "and they lived happily ever after".

As a teenager, every romance novel had a rebel-type guy with a heart of gold underneath and the pure love for only one special girl.

I remember reading those books and dreaming of my prince charming but I really didn't give it a lot of thought because the real world was very different. I knew people that were divorced and separated. I saw people that had 2 sets of families. I knew there was just too much heartache in marriage....I believed it would be a step that I would just bypass. Afterall, it just wasn't my train of thought to think about marriage and ever afters...I was going to be an independent, career-minded woman!

Awww....but God has different plans...sometimes far different then what we ever imagined.


(Jeremiah 29:11) I know the plans I have for you sayeth the Lord, plans for good not for evil. To give you a future and a hope.



I met my husband when I was a teenager. The easiest way to explain the bigging of our relationship is "Ego, Ego, Ego". Albeit as much as I want to say it was all my husband's ego...it wasn't :(

But what an amazing thing God can do when we allow Him to be the one in control. We have been together for a few decades plus and I sit A-M-A-Z-E-D!

I look at my husband and with out a doubt know he is my Prince Charming. He is the rebel in my teenage romance books with a true love for only one girl and most importantly he is the one God created for me.

My husband is my hero, my mentor, my best-friend, my partner, the love of my life, my prankster, my thorn in my side, my bear hugs, my encourager, my cheering squad, my protector, my angel.....

Every relationship has ups and downs, every marriage has moments of passion and moments of complete irriation...but it is what you do, and think during those times that will equip you for the next time. In our relationship we have tried to remember that a cord of three is not easily broken.

(Ecclesiastes 4:12 - A peson standing alone can be attacked and defeated, but two can stand back to back and conquer. Three are even better, for a triple-braided cord is not easily broken.)

I know there is no such thing as a "Perfect" person but in my heart of hearts...I know that my husband and I are "Perfect" for each other. God created us for each other and there isn't another person who could fit that place.

After all these years, I still get butterflies when I see him. I still stare into those blue eyes and melt and I still quiver at his kisses.

There is no way that I could express to you or to my husband how grateful I am to the Lord Jesus to have been given such a wonderful husband, such an amazing life, such incredible children and blessings that are way too many to count.

All I can say is...to the world..."Keep your Fairy Tales...I have a God's Tale"... and it is way more then I could have every dreamed or hoped for.


hawaii134



1 Timothy 1:14
The grace of our Lord was poured out on me abundantly, along with the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus.

2 Peter 1:3
... God has given us everything we need for living a godly life. We have received all of this by coming to know him, the one who called us to himself by means of his marvelous glory and excellence.

1 Peter 3:7
[ Husbands ] In the same way, you husbands must give honor to your wives. Treat your wife with understanding as you live together. She may be weaker than you are, but she is your equal partner in God’s gift of new life. Treat her as you should so your prayers will not be hindered.

Ephesians 5:25
For husbands, this means love your wives, just as Christ loved the church. He gave up his life for her

3 comments:

  1. A heartfelt and well worded tribute! Reading these always brings tears to my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A touching and well worded tribute. Reading these love stories always bring tears to my eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great tribute to your husband! Your girls are sooooo cute!!

    ReplyDelete