Monday, February 2, 2009

An Interview with Kirk Cameron of Fire Proof

The world was hit by an incredible bolt of lightening recently and unless you've been under a rock then you have heard about it. It was FIREPROOF starring Kirk Cameron.

To say that this movie is a regular story about marriage would be an understatement (in the very least). FireProof will speak to any one that is married or single. It is an amazing example of how easily we can forget what is truly important in life.

My husband and I are honored to be hosting a showing of Fireproof in our home in about a week...so I was very excited to find this interviewed podcast with Kirk Cameron. For those of you who aren't aware of the movie take a look at this trailer:




While Kirk Cameron grew up during his role as Mike Seaver in Growing Pains it as a man of God that he has truly found his calling. I have to admit I wasn't much a Growing Pains fan. At the time Growing Pains was aired I was a little too old to be interested in pubescent sitcoms. None the less I was aware of Kirk and his fame. But when I saw this movie with my husband I was blown away...there stood before a man that was truly demonstrating his convictions and relationship with Christ. I knew that he had accomplished great work with the Left Behind Series and The Way of the Master but I wasn't prepared for the impact this movie would have on myself or other viewers.


Since viewing the film I have since purchased the Love Dare book and Still Growing which is an autobiography written by Kirk Cameron. I was not disappointed in what I read. I truly believe this is a man and woman sold for Jesus. What a testimony for those of us who struggle to stand up for our faith in our own little world and for those of us who struggle within our marriage (and if you are honest, you probably have been both of those people at sometime in your life)

Take a moment to list to this interview from 5 Minutes for Mom. It is wonderful to hear his voice, heart and soul regarding the movie, his family and his Lord.

FireProof Interview with Kirk Cameron [8:43m]: Hide Player Play in Popup Download

The DVD was realeased on January 27th. As Kirk mentions it would be a perfect gift for someone you love at Valentine's Day.




















6 comments:

  1. HI! Hey did they announce it on Sunday? I wasn't in church-out with the students-there were flyers and I asked somebody to announce it??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen the movie yet but plan to soon. I was talking about it with my husband on Saturday and we even looked at the Love Dare book at the book store. I was trying to get him to agree to buy the book and do the 40 days with me but he wasn't interested :(

    I have always liked Kirk Cameron and an impressed with how he is able to keep and display his faith to all through his work and has avoided getting distracted with typical "Hollywood" stuff. I love the Left Behind series! I read all of them and have been trying to catch all the movies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jannae, I wasn't in church either. Twins are sick but Todd said Ridge announced it. :)I'm looking forward to it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joanna, you have to see it. It is an amazing story. You and your husband are more then welcome to come over our house on Saturday if you'd like to see it. It would be a fun date night for the two of you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do want to see this movie! I'm so glad I read this to know that it is out on video now! I can't wait....maybe for Valentine's Day..What a great idea! Thanks! Have fun on Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Suzie, you and Brian are going to really enjoy this movie. I can not praise it enough!

    ReplyDelete