Monday, January 5, 2009

Goodbye Vacation


"G” is for Giraffe

2 + 2 = 4

Yes, school is back in session. Wow, those two weeks of vacation went fast. I can only imagine how public and private school teachers feel when they return to look into 30 little faces after two weeks of vacation! Yowsers!

The last two weeks were rather carefree. Yes, they were hectic and a bit chaotic but there was a carelessness to them because we didn’t have school.

I must applaud the twins though. They did really well for the first day. They remembered a lot more then I gave them credit to remember.

I take a lot of comfort in knowing that God will be with us each step of the way. Sometimes I think “Oh no, I am so messing this up!”. Then Rylan or Skylar will surprise me with something that shows me they are really learning. Then I am just glowing with pride. I swear that both my daughters are destined to be Noble Peace Prize winners!

To be honest though even more then teaching them to read or write my heart pounds with excitement or joy when I hear them speaking of Jesus. I am constantly amazed at what they can comprehend about the bible, Jesus, the resurrection and even Satan. They blow me away with their insight. Maybe, that is one of the reasons that Jesus tells us that we should be like little children when we come to him. Such trust, simplicity and faith….Awesome!

…”Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these”
Matthew 19:14 and Mark 10:14

I really don’t know much about life…but I do know that when it comes to my children I have to keep plugging away, just like the Little Engine that Could. Everything I can do “now” to affect their mind, their spirit and their personality (unfortunately, good or bad) will effect their life and their adulthood. Man, that’s responsibility!

I am so grateful that God thinks I am worthy to be their teacher and their mom. Even if we weren’t a home school family that would still be my role and I am so grateful He is with me every step of the way.

“Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it.”
Proverbs 22:6

No comments:

Post a Comment