Friday, January 16, 2009

Lil' Monkey Face

Last night when I came home Rylan was eager to show me a “surprise”.
“Close your eye Mama” was all she could repeat. I don’t know about you but whenever my daughters’ say close your eyes....I get scared!

I am not sure what they are going to show me and I am not very confident that they won’t walk me into a wall just because t hey think it’s funny.
So with a little trepidation and my toes curled (you know so I won’t stub them) I took her hand and blindly walked into the other room.
Rylan was so proud of what she was going to show me that she was literally beside herself with excitement. Finally, she requested that I open my eyes.

“Tada” she announced.


There on our class room white board was the cutest monkey ever. She confidently announced she drew it herself with a little assistance from daddy (He drew the banana).

“It’s a monkey, mama. It’s a Monkey and I drew it all by myself” Her little voice sang with joy.

He is just the sweetest little guy. I don’t have the heart to erase him although I know I’ll have to soon. I decided to immortalize him in a picture and to share it with you.

I think she did a really good job. Rylan, I am so proud of you!

What things has your child done or said that just made your heart melt?
I want to hear from YOU.


2 comments:

  1. My heart melted today when Baylee first pooped in her lil seat-leaving some behind in it-
    I move her into her room to change her diaper-
    realized I need to give this lil precious one a bath-
    it was all over her!
    So I wipe her off the best I can and place her on my hip while I'm warming the water for her bath-
    All of a sudden I feel something. drip drip.what's that dripping on my toes? and why do I feel warm all of a sudden?
    Yes- youuuu guessed it..I got pee'ed on!!
    So I guess my heart wasn't just being warmed-I was being warmed all over!!
    HAAAAAAA!
    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the monkey! That is a real good drawing! I love that she came to you and was so excited to show it off, that is the best part! The kids love to show me all sorts of things, I hope I give the time to always be excited and proud of them!

    ReplyDelete