Sunday, January 11, 2009

Mama, I Rock!

I am so proud of myself. If I could I would give myself a pat on the back! Ok, well...technically I can do t hat but well, you know what I mean!

The twins were invited to a birthday party this weekend and the theme was ballerinas. The invitation requested that all little girls dress as ballerinas.

Although we have had this invitation and planned on the party waaaay before Christmas...I procrastinated and did not think of what the girls were going to wear until the night before.

I grew up watching my sisters whip together dresses and costumes for their children so I knew that I had it in me. But the last time I made a tutu the twins complained that they were too itchy and wore them a whole 5 minutes!

Believe me it was a lot of work for them to wear them for only 5 minutes. Needless to say I never made another one. When they received the invitation they actually asked me to create a tutu for each of them. They didn't pose it as if I couldn't or wouldn't...it was a very confident..."Mama, you need to make us tutus".

dsc_0355

Friday night I sat down with a every piece of tulle that I could find in my sewing room. I knew I didn’t have enough for the tutus to be one solid color so each daughter ended up with a multicolored tutu.

Before I started I offered up a quick prayer and started on my journey of creating a tutu for each of the twins.

It took a couple of hours but I am so proud of myself! They were a hit at the party! I was asked where I purchased them and was happy to announce I made them!

The most exciting part was that Rylan and Skylar really loved them. I heard them run downstairs and tell my husband “Mommy can sew great. She should be a fashion designer.” I received hugs and kisses and was offered my very own ballet recital!


dsc_0370

I know when I have checked on eBay or online stores for tutus they are crazy expensive! I am thinking that I will post them on my website, GetTheCrown, and give a shot at selling them. I will make sure that mine are affordable. I know there are a lot of moms out there like me that love to have cute things for their littles ones but don't want to 'break the bank' by doing it.

I am not sure why this particular creation is so exciting for me...except that this is one of the first things that the twins have ever asked me to make and they were so happy about them. Just for a moment, I felt like I hung the moon for my girls.

It was awesome....tomorrow I might feel like I am a big failure as a mom but today....well, today...I ROCK!

dsc_03581

1 comment:

  1. Another classic example of why God gave me boys! I love the pictures, the girls look beautiful and excited...way to go mom!

    ReplyDelete