Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Slower Then A Snail

I have always wanted to knit. Even before there was a Hollywood Knitting craze it was something that I wanted to learn. When we had our PJ party a couple of days ago I jumped at the chance to learn how to knit. It came fairly easy and naturally to me and I was excited to create a "masterpiece".

My mother in law, sister in law, friends, mother, and host of other ladies can knit so I was confident that I would be able to it too! Well, it is done! I have accomplished my scarf.

Yes, I had to start over about, oh 6 or 7 times. But it is done! I see all the little imperfections but I am really proud of myself for creating something and finishing the project.

I am totally starting to love scarves. I have received a few this Holiday season and I totally enjoy accessorizing my outfits with them.

In fact, I have decided that I will be adding a couple of scarves for sale at my site, GetTheCrown. Don't worry they will not be ones that I knitted.

Actually, I am not sure if knitting is my "thing". It took a long time for me to knit ONE scarf. A hobby should be relaxing and enjoyable and I just couldn't wait to be finished! I am not very good in the patience department so I like hobbies that are quick. Where you see results sooner rather then later. Maybe that's why I like photography so much?

Check GetTheCrown and my blog on Friday to see the sensational scarves that will be up for grabs....plus I'll be giving one away in a contest soon....

Keep checking back to make sure you're the first to know!

knitting1

knitting2

pj2

2 comments:

  1. Ok, I'm jealous, I tried to learn and it did not come easy to me at all! I am probably to wound to tight to enjoy something like that though. I do think it is meant to relaxing and productive! Good luck with it! It looks like your pj party was a whole lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The actual steps were very easy to me but I think I am just a bit to hyper to concentrate and sit still that long. It was fun and at least I can say "I Made a Scarf, once...lol"
    Who knows if I ever find gorgeous yarn then I know I can make another and not have to wait on anyone to do it for me! :)

    ReplyDelete