Wednesday, January 14, 2009

I Am Weak

I have been asked to share my testimony tonight and quite frankly, I am nervous. I am not nervous about talking in public or being the center of everyone's focus for a moment. No, there is nothing to that....

I am nervous because sharing your testimony allows others to look into your "private" world. The person you were or the struggles you are having...all in the hope that they will see the vision Christ has for you or plainly to see Christ in you.

I have tried over and over to write an outline of my testimony and I am getting frustrated. God has done such amazing and wonderous things in my life that I find myself in awe over His power and graciousness. But to put it to paper is a trying task.

How do you put in ten minutes all that He has done to make you a better, more complete, humbled and saved person? How do explain in 10 minutes journeys that have taken years to complete?

Regardless of the road that has led you to Jesus...it is His spirit that keeps you there. It is the Faith you learn on your journey that keeps you moving toward the final goal. There is faith that comes from being knocked around a bit. There is truly a moment in one's life where He becomes their strong hold, their fortress. (2 Samuel 22:2 "The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my Saviour" - NLT) How do you put that into words?

I know that if my testimony affects anyone this evening it will be only because of Him!

I know that each time I share about Him...He is the one in control. They are His words that are being spoken and His Spirit that is speaking because in and of myself...I am nothing. In my life I Corinthians 1:27 explains it all. ("God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong").



He has chosen me to be His daughter, He has chosen me to be the first Christian in my family and He has chosen me to do things differently and to think differently then others in my family.

Being the youngest and the "baby" of the family...I've always wondered why I have been chosen to carry some of these tasks. But then when I stop and think about it. Truly think about it with my heart and soul...I am so grateful that I was chosen at all!

I don't know what tasks He will ask of me in the future but I know that He will never give me more then He "knows" I can handle. With all this in mind I should KNOW that He will give me the words tonight. Words that will glorify Him, words that will explain my journey and words that will show the world that I am Weak and proud of it!

For in my weakness...He is Strong!

  • Romans 8:26 "And the Holy Spirit helps us in our weakness. For example, we don’t know what God wants us to pray for. But the Holy Spirit prays for us with groanings that cannot be expressed in words".


  • 1 Corinthians 9:22 "When I am with those who are weak, I share their weakness, for I want to bring the weak to Christ. Yes, I try to find common ground with everyone, doing everything I can to save some"


  • Psalm 136:23 "He remembered us in our weakness.His faithful love endures forever".


  • 2 Corinthians 12:9 - "Each time he said, “My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.” So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me."



No comments:

Post a Comment