Thursday, January 22, 2009

Playhouse Disney Live? More like Dead!

My husband has been dying to visit the new arena in Ontario, Citizen's Bank Arena so when he had the chance to purchase "Playhouse Disney" live tickets he was excited to do so for the twins.

We have been anticpating this event for a long time. It would have all of the great Disney characters like Mickey, Minnie, Goofy and Donald. Plus, the new fun characters like The Little Einsteins, Handy Manny and My Friends, Tigger & Pooh!

Right after church on Sunday we rushed home, had lunch and changed for the fun day we were expecting. The twins wore adorable, boutique style Minnie Mouse overalls. Sadly, I have to say I didn't sew these but a sweet lady from eBay did. They looks so cute...complete with their names on their butts!.

That is where the excitement died....

I am so incredibly disappointed in the show and the in the arena. I will never go back to see Playhouse Disney Live and I will very reluctantly go back to Citizen's Bank Arena.

The event got off to a bad start when the security wouldn't let me into the arena with my camera. They claimed my NikonD40 was a professional camera. Now, it is not the fact that they didn't let me into the arena, it was the manner in which the so called securty spoke to me in front of my children (Todd was in the car on a business call at this time, thank God). They were very rude, disrespectful and demeaning. When I asked to speak with a supervisor they actually told me that I could "AFTER" the show! Of course, that didn't sit well and I asked for their names to which they replied "It's on our badges".......Oh, it was all I could do to not lose it in front of my children.

We walked back to the car to put the camera away and decided to go in a different entrance. I did manage to meet the General Manager and spoke with him...but, he wasn't much help...so alas, I will be writing letters to everyone that is anyone within those two organizations.

Again, not because of the camera but because of the way I was treated. This was a kid's show afterall not a heavy metal concert!

Once we were inside...I thought it would be better...but it wasn't.

This was such a "dead" show.

The arena itself was fine...a bit small and the rows were incredible close together but it was okay, it worked.

But the show itself was b-o-r-i-n-g! Yes, I know I am an adult and probably shouldn't expect to me mentally stimulated by a kid's show...but even my twins weren't excited. In fact, neither were the little 2 - 4 year olds around us!

The light display and shows were very, very minimal. The sound was not the chair vibrating sound you generally get at these shows and the characters (adults dressed at the characters) were a bit scary. We paid $160 dollars for these tickets and I think we would have had a lot more fun if we had gone to see the movie, Hotel for Dogs!

Look, I am not trying to bash anyone but if you are going to spend a lot of money and to me that is a lot of money for tickets...to a kid's show. Then your kids need to really enjoy themselves.

The twins said they enjoyed it. Although they haven't spoken about the show, the venue or the characters once in the last 3 days since the event. Every mom out there means one thing - It was LAME because when kids are excited they talk non-stop.

I don't know if writing letters to Citizen's Bank or to Disney will do a thing but it will definitely make me feel better. At this point I don't want to give either company a penny more then I have already done. Which is really sad because we received Annual Passes to Disneyland as a gift!

Ugh!

2 comments:

  1. I was wondering if that show was worth the money. Thanks for your review. Your kids might enjoy the playhouse Diseny show they do at California Adventure. Since you have annual passes it won't cost you anything to check it out. We have passes too. I love going to Disneyland.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joanna,
    I would save my money and do something more exciting with the boys. Maybe your littlest one would enjoy it but I don't think it would be stimulating enough for Elijah. The girls enjoyed it because they were characters they knew but not because it was a good show, does that make sense? We've been to Playhouse Disney and they had a blast. We should all go to Disneyland together sometime!

    ReplyDelete