Friday, January 2, 2009

Three Things on My Mind.....(not much else!)

I know it is Friday but with all the Holiday stuff it seems like it is Monday. Anyone else feel that way?

I woke up thinking that I really really wanted to go the bookstore and spend my certificate that I got for Christmas. But, well....it's cold out there!

Anyway, that isn't at all what I am thinking about right now. Nope, I have had three random thoughts that I just had to share. None of these connect to each other but well, they are just what I am thinking about right now. Like the title says...not much more in there at 7:30 in the morning...other then I really really R-E-A-L-L-Y needing a Coke or Pepsi!

So the first thing...Does anyone else care that Mervyn's closed? I am so sad. Mervyn's was a dear friend. I remember shopping for school clothes with my Mom at the Mervyn's in San Bernardinon on 2nd Street. That was when it first opened and it was a brand new store and had the most rocking clothes! Mervyn's and I separated for a while as I discovered Nordstrom's and Malls. When I became a mom we reconnected and now, my dear friend is forever gone! Now where am I going to shop for all my "hip and cool" clothes....yeah, right, okay no one believes that line...but really where am I going to shop now????


Speaking of friends....what do you call someone that will travel to Europe and take the time to send your kids postcards? I call that a F-R-I-E-N-D! Here is a tip for all you non-mommies out there. Want to show your friends with kids you really care? Do something for their children. Really, I am not joking. As a mom I don't give a hoot if I get a present or people compliment me...but tell my twins they look cute, make a big deal of the colored picture or friendship bracelet they made you (even if it looks like they made it with their feet! I promise you they didn't, really!), or bring them a little gift....You have my heart! Bend at your knees to talk to them rather than stooping or looking down at them. Make them feel like "real" people and you will ROCK in my book. I was thinking of all the amazing people God has placed in our lives within the last two years and I am beyond blessed and floored.


The last thinking on mind (because I am really craving a soda...with extra caffeine...any Amens out there?) Psalm 37!

This is a beautiful verse that my niece sent to me. I just had to share it with you. Read it slowly and allow the words to sink into your heart and soul.

Psalm 37


5 Commit your way to the LORD;
trust in him and he will do this:


6 He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn,
the justice of your cause like the noonday sun.


7 Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for him;
do not fret when men succeed in their ways,
when they carry out their wicked schemes.


8 Refrain from anger and turn from wrath;
do not fret—it leads only to evil.


9 For evil men will be cut off,
but those who hope in the LORD will inherit the land.


10 A little while, and the wicked will be no more;
though you look for them, they will not be found.


11 But the meek will inherit the land
and enjoy great peace.


12 The wicked plot against the righteous
and gnash their teeth at them;


13 but the Lord laughs at the wicked,
for he knows their day is coming.


Verses 8 & 9 really speak to me, not because I think I am wicked (well, better ask my kids first..on second thought, please don't) but because I know all too well how quickly a temper or an attitude can lead to ruining a day or creating turmoil for your family.

Sometimes...something as simple as seeing someone that has hurt your or caused you pain can ignite that fire. But, I don't want to be cut off from the Lord. Not for one moment. Have I ever been cut off? Of course, I am human. I was born with a sin nature and have the ability to think of "me first" more often then I want to admit.

I have had moments in my life where I have had to dust myself off and come humble before the throne because I "knew" I was not glorifying God. As my husband say, when "I got hit by a 2x4".

Proverbs 24:16
Reminds us "...for though a righteous man falls seven times, he rises again, but the wicked are brought down by calamity".

Yes, there are times you have to crawl back, ask forgiveness and start again. Verse 13 reminds us that God is the Alpha and Omega
(Revelation 22:13). He truly knows the "end" for each of us. I'm glad that I can rest in the knowledge that He is securely watching over me and out for me.


Now, I am going to get my soda. I am totally addicted to sodas (Please blame my sisters and mom for this fault...note....you DO NOT put soda into children's bottles....ahm....mom! lol but hey, those were the days before seat belts, bicycle helmets, vaccination protest and so on and so on...but I seemed to come out okay...did I mention I wanted a soda?)

No comments:

Post a Comment